signs all is well
Because they can't see how much milk newborns are consuming, most new mothers wonder if their babies are getting enough milk. If you have serious doubt, you should call your pediatrician, but if ALL of the following signs can be observed, you can rest assured you baby is getting enough to eat.
- baby is feeding well 8–12 times every 24 hours.
- baby's urine is pale in color.
- baby wets at least six diapers every 24 hours after the third day.
- baby's bowel movements are soft and mustard-colored by the end of the first week. Bowel movements may be infrequent, and amounts will vary.
- baby regains birth weight by 10 days of age and continues to gain at a steady rate, approximately one ounce per day for three months.